Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead the development of structure/enclosure components for ONE’s battery packs
• Control and calculate cost, weight, and tooling investment of responsible parts
• Optimize mechanical designs for materials, size, weight, durability, and cost
• Create and own functional and quality requirement specifications for structural components.
• Define and write detailed material test plans. Analyze test data, write detailed test reports, and
present results and recommendations to engineering management.
• Generate and lead physical testing on engineering coupons and battery enclosure engineering
• Design 3D models and implement GD&T on drawings for complex parts and assemblies
• Integrate mechanical designs with high voltage electrical systems in a multidisciplinary
• Full product design responsibility, from concept through production launch
• Work closely with operations, manufacturing, and suppliers to ensure products are designed
properly for efficient manufacturing and assembly.
• Support ongoing/continuous product and process improvement
• Owning basic testing and analysis; supporting advanced testing and analysis
• Solving and determining root causes for test failures and production problems
• Optimize designs via analytical, numerical, and/or empirical assessments
• Perform any additional duties as assigned
Senior Structural Engineer, Job Description, pg. 2
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Education and/or Experience
• Required B.S. in preferred Mechanical Engineering, M.S. preferred
• Required 10+ years of relevant experience
• Strong engineering fundamentals in materials and mechanics
• Demonstrated ability to create products: CAD design to hands-on prototyping
• Experience with various manufacturing processes such as plastic injection molding, metal
stamping, extrusion, welding/brazing, plating, heat treating, and adhesive bonding
• Experience in component and subsystem testing with suppliers is considered a plus.
• Strong structural engineering foundation (automotive OEM/supplier experience, university race
team leadership role, etc.)
• Experience with SolidWorks is preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)